Stick and Puck Program
You are here
Looking to sharpen your puck handling….or just looking for some ice time to get back into the hockey spirit… Our Stick and Puck sessions are just the solution! These sessions are intended for skill development so you can work on hockey fundamentals without having to play in a game. Come join our session and get back into the game!
Come in or call for details: 808-487-9921
Ice Palace Open Stick & Puck Rules
Stick & Puck sessions are intended as "skill development" time for players wanting to work on skating, stick handling, shooting, and conditioning. These times are not allowed to be used as scrimmage time. Drop-In Games are offered for scrimmaging.
- Price: $12 per session. Goalies skate for free.
- During holidays and school breaks, sessions may move to an alternate time. Please call to check on times.
The following rules and guidelines are to be adhered to during all Open Stick & Puck times here at the Ice Palace. They are designed for everyone to have a safe and productive session! Anyone who disregards any rule(s) will be asked to leave the rink immediately and may be banned from future sessions. The on-duty manager and/or ice monitor will monitor all safety regulations.
- Open Stick & Puck sessions are for participants 18 years of age or older.
- A maximum of 25 participants will be allowed on the ice per session.
- All participants must be current members of ISI Hockey with a copy of your registration on file at the rink. Register online at www.skateisi.com and follow the hockey links.
- NO SLAP SHOTS are allowed at anytime!
- No scrimmages, drills or team practices are allowed at anytime during Open Stick & Puck sessions. Drop-in games are available for scrimmages.
- Full hockey gear is required at all times while on the ice and in the bench area.See list below.
- Everyone must check in with the front office when they arrive – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- For everyone’s safety, please keep the front of the net clear at all times and listen to our staff.
- The rink does not provide rental or loaner equipment for hockey.
SIGN-UP FOR THESE SESSIONS ARE DONE IN EITHER OF THREE WAYS:
1. Sign up in person with payment.
*You will NOT be able to get on the list without making payment. It is by a first pay, first play basis.
2. Sign-up by calling the rink, 808-487-9921 with payment.
Note: Please have your credit card ready for payment when you call.
3. Walk-in and pay if space is available.
Note: There are no credits or refunds for missed sessions.
If you are not checked in at the front desk by the start of the session and there are people on the waitlist, your spot will be released to the next person in line. There will be a 10 minute “grace period” for participants who have purchased a block of 6 or more in advance.
EQUIRED HOCKEY GEAR:
- Ice Hockey Skates
- HECC approved helmet with a full face shield.
- Hockey gloves with wrist protection
- Regulation Hockey pants and socks (no sweat pants)
- Shoulder pads (optional)
- Elbow pads
- Protective Supporter Cup / Pelvic Protector
- Shin pads
- Mouth Guard (must be colored not clear)
- Regulation hockey stick