You are here
We offer classes in blocks of 6 weeks for $89.00
(10% discount for multiple family members).
From Tot to Serious Competitor
The Ice Palace offers programs tailored for skaters of all levels, from tots through adults. Our qualified coaching staff teaches in a fun and friendly manner. The program is designed to give the recreational and competitive skater the correct foundations on which to build a lifetime of ice skating enjoyment.
Which class is for me?
Tots - Ages 3-5 who are able to stand on the ice in ice skates unattended. This class uses a variety of games to teach skating skills. There are 4 levels in Tots.
Pre-Alpha - For beginning skaters 6 years and older. The basic skills include forward and backward skating, gliding on one foot and stopping.
The Ice Palace offers the WeSkate Program, certified by the Ice Skating Institute (ISI). It is designed to allow skaters to learn in a fun and stress-free environment.
The Very First Day
- Helmets are highly recommended for Tot levels.
- Dress warmly and in loose fitting clothes
- Bring Socks
- Mittens or gloves are optional.
- Arrive in the arena at least 20 minutes prior to your class time if you are pre-registered; 30 minutes prior if you are not registered.
- Change into your skates on the bleachers or on tables. Please do not sit on the floor.
Which skates are right for me?
- Wear only one pair of socks.
- Ask to be measured on your first day and remember your boot size for your next class.
- When lacing your skate, be sure it is snug around your ankle with room in the toe area.
- Your skates should be one to two sizes smaller than your shoe size.
- Stand up and bend your knees. You should be able to fit your index finger between your heel and the boot.
Advanced Classes Offered
Skaters must have passed the basic levels prior to entering these classes.
Adults: Adult classes are mixed levels. We recommend that beginner adults start in the pre-alpha classes.
Artistic / Theater: Develop your personal creative style. Learn to use props and do improvisation. Learn the new disciplines of Rhythmic Skating (balls / hoops / ribbons) and share your skills in performances in our shows.
Stroking: Objective is to increase skater's endurance and speed according to ability level. Open only to those skaters who have passed gamma.
Skating Skills: The objective is to develop increased power and strength by improving skating technique. Good for beginning hockey players too. Open to skaters who have passed gamma and have passed an evaluation.
Adult Hockey Class: This is a "how to" class for adults to learn the skill, mechanics and rules of ice hockey. All players must have a basic level of skating and must use full protective gear.
Synchronized Skating: This class provides the opportunity to work in a "team" environment. Skaters learn to utilize skills that strengthen individual skating, basic technique, footwork, posture, presentation and rhythm.